Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Wrap Up of SP-10

Wow, so I'm really slacking in the blogging department. Four years ago I was much more dedicated and blogged multiple times a week. Of course, I and the dynamics of my life have changed since then. Hmm....

Anyway, in January I wrote a post about the SP-10 semester. I said that I would only finish undergraduate work and finish it well by the grace of God. Well, I'm here to tell you now that I have finished and finished well, and indeed it was only by God's grace. Gratitude floods my soul. Overall, the semester was the busiest, hardest, and yet most joyful semesters at MBU. Now I am done and looking ahead.

Screwtape taught me much last month about looking ahead. I haven't always heeded his expertise, however. I've been reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis off and on amid other books. For those who are not familiar, Screwtape is a fictional demon who writes a series of advising letters in correspondence with his demon nephew, Wormwood. In one of the letters, Screwtape explains that out of the three (past, present, and future) the future holds the most promise for damaging the patient's (human's) progress [in becoming like Christ]. If Wormwood can get his patient to sit and think on the future and imagine schemes, the patient won't actually do anything. So true!

I read this last month, like I said, and what did I do? I obsessed over the uncertainties of my future. What did it profit me? Not a whole lot. Then, in one Sunday, all my obsessing came to a halt. Now all is well. Details aside, know that I am very thankful for the body of Christ! And thankful that I am a member of that precious Body.

Now looking back, I realize that I did not heed the warning the Lord gave me through Lewis. I had to learn it the hard way. Typical.

Take away from this that the Lord Jesus is always faithful, steady, like a rock, and infinitely wise. Praise Him with me.

No comments: