Saturday, February 17, 2007

"All Who Gather Here by Grace Draw Near..."

This past Chapel may have been the best one all year ('06-'07 year, that is). Campus Pastor Jonathan White spoke about suffering. If that wasn't enough, the Chapel Praise Band sung/played "The Wonderful Cross"--not once but twice. The second time was after Jonathan's message, and let's just say I left the Chapel auditorium a mess, tears streaked down my face and my nose running. God was doing something in my heart during that service. I went to the women's restroom and prayed a very personal prayer to God. God is working through Pastor Jonathan, the Chapel Praise Band, and everyone behind the scenes--I konw at least in the depths of my heart and soul. Praise God, the One who formed the mountains and seas and formed this heart in me! He is Most Excellent and worthy of praise!

"When I survey the wondrous cross, on which the Prince of Glory died. My richest gain I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride. [Chorus:] O, the Wonderful Cross! O, the Wonderful Cross bids me come and die to find that I may truly live. O, the Wonderful Cross! O, the Wonderful Cross! All who gather here by grace draw near and bless Your name. [End Chorus] See from His head, His hands, His feet sorrow and love flow mingled down. Did e'er such love and sorrow meet? or thorns compose so rich a crown? [Chorus] Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all." Lyrics from "The Wonderful Cross"

No comments: