Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ol' Sup

Last October, my roommates and I went to Thei's Farm where one can buy pumpkins from a pumpkin patch as well as goods from a little shop and explore hay mazes and a cornfield maze. One can also take a guided tour through the pumpkin patch, fields, and orchards.

Anyway, about that pumpkin... my roommate spotted a beauty, and it was the winner. I named it Sup after former Cardinals pitcher Jeff Suppan. I bought the pumpkin for my dad and I to carve as we sometimes do around Halloween time. I go home about every weekend for church and to see my parents, and every weekend did not seem like the right time to carve the pumpkin. My dad and I kept procrastinating. Soon Thanksgiving came and went. (If you view my Thanskgiving photo album on Facebook, you can see a picture or two with the pumpkin in the foreground.) Then Christmas came and went--I think by this time I was urging my dad to get cracking on the pumpkin--and the New Year along with Passion07 came and went. Valentine's Day... Martin Luther King Day... St. Patrick's Day... Easter. Over the weekend, my mom, sister, and aunt forced me to put the infested pumpkin outside by the garbage can. I did so reluctantly. For one thing, I did not want to touch it. I will admit, ol' Sup is pretty nasty.

My dad said he was going to cut it open to see the inside. I really hope he does. My mom and sister would rather Sup take a ride off the roof.

By the way, that picture of the bird feeder is still in the works.

No comments: