Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Current Thoughts on Life

So it's week 5 of the semester (whoa!). I left you with an outlook that was sober and hopeful. By way of update, things are going pretty well. Overall, January was joyful, even with its own challenges--challenges that have carried into February. I press on by the strength and grace of Jesus Christ, however, and I am still hopeful that I will finish and finish well.

Today, I spoke to my sister via Skype. She is overseas, exactly across the world, in fact, and I miss her very much. I typically do not express it unless I am in a quiet and lonely place or I'm working on Hebrew translation exercises. She's my best friend, and it is difficult to live in a different culture from her. I am thankful for our communication though. Plus, it has increased my awareness and appreciation for our freedom of speech and religion in the U.S.

My thoughts have been turning homeward lately. I feel like if I don't recover my past through meditation that I will lose it, as if my childhood is an anchor for something. I know I am sounding abstract, and I should not even have time to think about such things, but the uncertainty of my future reverts me to my past--like I'm trying to catch my footing. I should probably consider the circumstances in biblical terms. Though I may plan my way, the Lord directs my steps.

I am currently in a commotion of people and coffee. Time to relocate to my academic refuge, the reference room.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I miss you too!!! Now, we need to talk about this recovering your past business. Even though I am far away, I am still available to talk. :)