Monday, July 26, 2010

On Reserve Battery

This evening Dad, Rachel, Jerry, and I were outside as my dad replaced a portion of the brake line in Rachel’s Beretta and began bleeding the air out of the lines. As I observed his twisting socket wrenches and his tenacious removal of the left front, I was able once again to relish in a thunderstorm’s approach. I listened to the low rolls of thunder and eventually felt the cool downdraft blow from the west, carrying with it the scent of refreshing rain. As I type now, it is here upon us and threatens to snuff our electricity.

I am thankful for the handymen and mechanics in my family. My dad and uncles, Ronnie, Larry, and Gerald, have put in many hours working on cars. Their auto repair ingenuity has saved us from many a burdensome cost. I will recount the recent events leading up to my current reflection soon, when I can charge my laptop without threat.

No comments: